Saturday 12 February 2011

Charming but Icky

It's been interesting. I've had my bath tub try and exit the flat through the ceiling, whilst bumbling through these and other obstacles in my general existence =p ....

(artwork created by Tim Sinfield)
I've made some progress on the forthcoming CLUB: WAMPY it'll be happening in 6 months time, I'm currently in talks with two venues, I've also e-mailed the booking agents I made connections with last time to make sure I'm ok to book through them and the response has been positive I just need dates now so the real work can begin. 


(picture taken from Seven Seals facebook page)
Last weeks Seven Seals gig was bloody awesome, I'm still screaming "Konichiwa, Konichiwa, Konichiwa" at the top of my voice when ever I'm alone. If you've never heard of them check them out on the link provided. If you like what you hear you can download their album and new demos for free, there is a donation button if your able.


(picture off the Blanks website)
Also this week went to see the Blanks. I thought it was great, really pleasant, that kind of atmosphere in Preston is dam rare. My lovely Chu(follow her blog) had an ace time she was the only one tall enough to see the band for the whole gig, me and a few uni mates are all vertically challenged so we were bobbing between the heads of the tall gits in front, haha.



Recently I've been working on a contemporary piece of music with my colleague Zanne. It is for the most part non-instrumental. The piece is for a skin graft documentary that is currently in production. We have so far sent the client a rough mix of the piece and received positive feedback, so in no time I'll have a link to the finished composition on here for you all to be bemused by, hehe.


(Me and Nick playing golf)
I've had some positive discussions about future long term projects. One of which is with the ever loving and faithful Nick Mccan, we have decided we are going to work together to come up with some material under the guise of Rampant Foetus. We have been steadily discussing the plans for some time now but have come to more constructive conclusion on how to ensure we can achieve more professional results.


(Me and Winst back in the day)
The next project is also in it's early stages of development,  me and the charming suave fiend that is Christian Winstanley intend to collaborate again. We are in the process of discussing aims for the project and recruiting other members.  


Right that's enough of this jibberish I'm gonna play some Nazi Zombies on COD do the washing up and then watch another cheap thrill b-movie delight. Well excited about the upcoming release of Hobo with a Shotgun


=D

No comments:

Post a Comment